Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Promethean ActivBoards


As a child, I grew up in classrooms full of chalkboards and white boards. However, now that I am in college, technology has once again improved. As I was in my 1st grade classroom for my field experience, I noticed a white board that looked different than normal. I soon came to find out that it was called a Promethean ActivBoard. A Promethean ActivBoard is made of electro-sensitive equipment. Because it is made of electro-sensitive equipment, the Promethean ActivBoard is triggered by a pen. The pen used on the Promethean ActivBoard is analogous to a mouse on a computer. Like a mouse, the pen is used for clicking and searching the screen. In order for the Promethean ActivBoard to work, it must be plugged into a computer. This is a very good piece of technology to use in the classroom because it allows students to visualize everything that can be done on a computer, on a large interactive white board. Unlike white boards and chalkboards, the Promethean ActivBoard also uses audio. You can't forget the "cleanliness" of the Promethean ActivBoard. There is no chalk powder or marker involved!



My Activboard Top Ten--This is a blog post written by a Promethean staff member that describes his Top Ten reasons for liking the ActivBoard.


No comments:

Post a Comment